Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Really Long And Hopefully Attention Getting Title That May Or May Not Have Any Point Is A Go Go!

Greeting my loyal fans (all none of you) and those who read this blog (all three of you). Today I write, not because I have anything of particular note to write about, but because I promised myself a long time ago I would try to start developing my writing skills. Also, because I feel this need to write, or else I might go stir crazy.

Yet, if I don't have a point, then this post is meaningless. So, in a effort to prevent meaninglessness, on with the post.

I sometimes wonder how things happen as they do. Lately, I have had some of the most curious of dreams. In them, I suddenly am reunited with a very dear friend of mine that, for reasons I do not know, stopped talking with me about a year ago. I had started to get back in contact with her, but that never went very far. I'll admit, I was quite smitten with her at one point.

However, I was so sure I had moved on, yet these dreams. I'm not sure if these dreams are from my feelings that I once had, or if they're just my mind trying to work through something. It's hard to tell. None of the dreams suggest any sort of relationship or want thereof, but the mind is hard to understand at best.

The dreams all involve simply spending time with the person in question. Talking over a cup of coffee, watching movies, small things like that are the focus of the dreams. In the dreams, I never feel infatuated with her. In fact, I just feel content, like I do when I spend time with my friends. I wonder if it is just my desire to befriend this person again. However, the mind has a habit of playing tricks on one.

Sometimes I envy people who cannot recall what they saw as they slept. I remember most of my mind's wondering as I sleep, well into the waking hours. I can recount my dreams for long periods of time, anywhere from days to years later.

Nightmares are included in this. I can recall nightmares I had as a child, and even remember my greatest fears. I remember many things I wish I could forget, and have forgotten many things I wish I could remember. Yet, my memories don't fade much. I can recall the faces of most of the people I've ever met. I can meet someone one time and have instant recall of their face. I even remember the faces of people I pass by. I can see someone on a street corner, then see them weeks later somewhere else and remember seeing them.

My point is that I haven't forgotten how I felt about her, and I worry. I haven't forgotten my past mistakes with her, and I don't know if there is even a friendship left there. I hope there is, but one never knows. I hope, for one, there still is...

No comments: