Friday, May 23, 2008

Maria Sue Chapman, In Memoriam

Well, I'm sure by now everyone's heard the news. I heard it while driving from Lexington to Warrensburg. Maria Sue Chapman died Wednesday night when her older brother pulled into the Chapman driveway in an SUV and did not see young Maria. I know very little of Steven Curtis Chapman's music, but I know enough to know the man has a Heart for God. When I heard the news on K-Love. I grieved for the Chapmans, though I cannot imagine what they are going through. My prayers go out to the family in their time of grief.

Amazingly enough, even in the face of this heartbreaking event, the Chapmans have asked for people to do something with their sadness. They ask, instead of sending roses, for people to send donations to their orphan assistance organization, Shaohannah's Hope. They goal of Shaohannah's Hope is to help reach orphan's for Christ and provide assistance to them with adoption and sponsoring.

I hope that if I am ever faced with such a situation that I can face it with this kind of hope. I cannot imagine, like I said, what the Chapmans are going through, but I hope they know God is still there and is listening.

I ask that when any one who reads this prays, they would remember the Chapmans.

No comments: